Fiery Professional Certification
The Fiery® Professional Certification establishes a solid foundation of Fiery knowledge. Developed by EFI subject-matter experts, it provides the latest information on Fiery technology to develop employee skills, enhance professional development and be more competitive. It is teaches print professionals the necessary skills to optimize the performance of EFI technology solutions and transform print businesses.
Process and Requirements
- Price: $250.
- Complete 15 Fiery® Professional online courses (approximately 12+ hours).
- Pass an online certification exam with a score of 80% or higher. Exam is accessible only after all courses have been completed. Two exam attempts are included.
- Coursework must be completed and a passing grade obtained on the exam within 90 days of enrollment. Schedule your learning activities accordingly to allow enough time to complete the program.
- Certification is valid for 2 years.
- The courses and the exam are entirely web-based, which gives students the flexibility to learn at their own pace and are accessible any time anywhere.
- A custom Fiery Certified Professional certificate you can view and print.
- A letter of recognition from EFI for your records.
- A Fiery Certified Professional digital logo to include on your email and business cards.
- Two-year access to all Fiery Professional online courses and learning resources from the date of enrollment.
- Fiery Forums members will have their title updated by EFI to appear as a Fiery Certified Professional.
- Receive Fiery Tips & Tricks.
- Receive invitations to webinars delivered by EFI subject matter experts.
- This program is designed for anyone, who is responsible for installation, configuration, digital workflow, and print job production using Fiery products and solutions.
How to Enroll?
Fiery Professional Certification Courses
FCP-100 Configuring your Fiery Controller
- Install and configure the Fiery controller for optimum default settings.
- Configure the Fiery controller to meet desired workflows.
- Set up the device more quickly and configure to reduce support needs.
FCP-110 Managing Print Connections and Utilities on your Fiery Controller
- Install and set up Fiery print drivers and Fiery utilities on Windows and Macintosh clients to maximize productivity and workflow.
- Successfully use the Fiery Clone Tool to create backup images of Fiery controllers.
FCP-200 Introduction to Fiery Command WorkStation
- Navigate the Command WorkStation user interface for the most commonly accessed areas.
- Monitor all Fiery devices from one place and customize the interface to best meet a specific workflow.
FCP-210 Managing Jobs on your Fiery Controller
- Use Fiery Command WorkStation to manage print job workflow and effectively monitor and interact with print jobs.
- Efficiently manage all print jobs using Job Properties to change print settings or use advanced job-management options.
- Use Preview and Image Viewer to preview print jobs for job edits and color modifications.
- Access Fiery Web tools remote access and information displays.
FCP-220 Creating Automated Workflows on your Fiery Controller
- Learn how to streamline job submissions using Fiery tools.
- Apply the right Fiery automated workflow options using the Fiery print driver presets, Virtual Printers and Hot Folders.
FCP-300 Optimizing Color and Consistency on your Fiery Controller
- Understand which environmental conditions affect digital color the most.
- Learn to create consistent color using Fiery Calibration.
- Achieve accurate color profiles using Color Profiler Suite.
FCP-310 Introduction to Fiery Color Workflows
- Effectively configure/set up the defaults in the Fiery color workflow to best manage images, text and graphics.
- Review the settings for RGB, CMYK, Fiery calibration and output profiles and their impact on printing.
- Use Image Viewer and Image Enhance Visual Editor for late-stage color editing.
FCP-320 Creating Spot Colors for use with your Fiery Controller
- Create spot colors using Fiery Spot-On with substitute color from Microsoft applications.
- Create spot colors in design applications such as Adobe InDesign and ensure the Fiery controller will recognize these customized colors.
- Use Fiery preflight and postflight tools to confirm spot colors.
FCP-330 Spot Color Accuracy with your Fiery Controller
- Use Fiery Spot-On to create, manage and control spot-color output.
- Manage custom colors by creating custom spot-color libraries and sharing those libraries with other Fiery controllers.
- Implement spot-color workflow on Fiery controllers.
FCP-340 Introduction to Fiery Color Profiler Suite
- Create and verify an output profile, use a test print to validate output and create a monitor profile for soft proofing with Color Profiler Suite.
- Control color-printing workflow by creating output profiles.
FCP-400 Introduction to Fiery Imposition
- Create gang-up and booklet layouts from the Fiery print driver, Fiery VUE and Fiery SeeQuence Impose.
- Automate and streamline labor-intensive prepress tasks using Fiery imposition options.
FCP-410 Fiery Media Workflows – Paper Catalog
- Use Paper Catalog workflow for job setup when printing on multiple media sources.
- Automate repetitive job setup with Fiery Hot Folders and Virtual Printers.
- Manage creation of print jobs requiring different media using mixed media or SeeQuence Compose.
- Manage JDF jobs by mapping JDF media in Paper Catalog.
FCP-420 Document Assembly and Composition with your Fiery Controller
- Use Fiery SeeQuence Compose to assemble and print complex documents by merging multiple jobs and selected page ranges from other documents, assigning Paper Catalog media to specific page ranges; inserting blank sheets, tabs and chapter starts; plus using subset finishing.
- Learn how to use built-in editing options to make late-stage changes.
FCP-500 Introduction to Variable Data Printing
- Learn about page-based and object-based VDP workflows and third-party applications generating variable data.
- Find out about Fiery VDP Resource Manager and job setup using Fiery FreeForm.
FCP-510 Easy Variable Data Printing with Fiery FreeForm
- Learn and review basic variable data printing terminology and concepts.
- Create and print a variable data job from common desktop applications using Fiery FreeForm.
FCP-900 Fiery Professional Certification Examination*
- 100-question exam
- 90 minutes to complete
- 2 attempts
*Accessible only after all 15 Fiery Professional online courses have been fully completed.